The sun shines on the Welsh National War Memorial in Cardiff.
It commemorates the servicemen who died during the First World War. A plaque to those who died during the Second World War was added in 1949.
The memorial takes the form of a circular colonnade surrounding a sunken court and was unveiled in June 1928 by the then Prince of Wales.
It features inscriptions in Welsh and in English, and was designed by Sir Ninian Comper, the Scottish architect who mostly worked on designs for churches.
At the centre of the court is a group of bronze sculptures by Alfred Bertram Pegram, arranged around a stone pylon.
Around the base stand three figures, a soldier, sailor and airman, holding wreaths aloft.
It is situated in Alexandra Gardens, Cathays Park, and is made from the same stone as the civic buildings which surround the gardens.