A selection of photographs taken during a recent visit to Pozieres British Cemetery.
Pozieres is a village about six kilometres north-east of Albert, and the cemetery is a south-west of the village on the north side of the main road (D929) from Albert to Pozieres.
According to the Commonwealth War Graves Commission website, the village of Pozieres was attacked on July 23, 1916 by the 1st Australian and 48th (South Midland) Divisions, and was taken on the following day.
It was lost on March 24-25, 1918, during the great German advance, and recaptured by the 17th Division on the following 24 August.
Here are three Australian graves from the cemetery: Privates DB Harford, FB Dowling and L Robinson.
There are 2,760 Commonwealth servicemen buried or commemorated in this cemetery -1,382 of the burials are unidentified but there are special memorials to 23 casualties known or believed to be buried among them. There is also one German soldier buried here.
This grave contains the remains of Military Medal winner, Private D Cottingham.